The Santa Clara Stadium Authority joined the Federación Mexicana de Fútbol (FMF), Soccer United Marketing (SUM) and the San Jose Earthquakes to host its first international soccer match in Levi’s® Stadium on Saturday, September 6. The match will start at 7:00pm, between Mexico and Chile.
• Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on major thoroughfares leading to and from the stadium, including Highways 101, 237, 880, Lawrence Expressway, Great America Parkway and San Tomas Expressway, as a result of the event. Expect increased traffic to begin around 3:00pm and at the conclusion of the event, estimated at 9:30pm;
• Tasman Drive will be closed from Convention Center Drive to Centennial / Marie P DeBartolo Way on Saturday, September 6;
• No parking will be allowed on Tasman Drive on Saturday, September 6;
• No parking will be allowed on the clearly marked posted section of Lick Mill Boulevard on Saturday, September 6;
• Stadium-goers are encouraged to take public transportation. For light rail and bus lines contact Valley Transportation Authority (www.vta.org), ACE/Capitol Corridor heavy rail (www.acerail.com) or CalTrain (www.caltrain.org);
• For individuals driving personal vehicles, to receive optimal driving directions to the stadium on event days, visit www.levisstadium.com/parking to view directions from each lot. Do not park in residential neighborhoods;
• Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes;
• The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions at www.scpd.org under the Levi’s® Stadium Information tab;
• To reduce traffic in residential neighborhoods, the Santa Clara Police Department will have checkpoints at the following intersections:
o Lafayette Street and Calle de Primavera
o Agnew Road and Bassett Street
o Bassett Street and Wyatt Drive
o Agnew Road and Freedom Circle
o Mission College Boulevard before it becomes Wildwood Avenue
• Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security;
• Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately;
• The San Tomas Aquino / Saratoga Creek Trail will be closed from Agnew Road to Tasman Drive from approximately 1:00pm on Saturday, September 6 until Midnight;
Bicyclists will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Lakeshore Drive, Gianera Street, the VTA Great America Train Station Parking lot, Stars and Stripes Drive and service road/trail along the rear of the Tasman Parking Garage, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Pedestrians will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Mission College Boulevard, Great America Parkway past the Santa Clara Convention Center, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
It should be noted that all undercrossings may be subject to periodic closures during the rainy seasons when they are inundated by the water levels in the creek. For information on closures of the trail for maintenance or weather, call (408) 615-3080;
• Multiple additional events are scheduled near Levi’s® Stadium which are expected to have an impact on traffic on Saturday, September 6, including:
o The 6th annual Mission City Community 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk Start which will start at California's Great America and finish inside Levi's® Stadium. This event is scheduled to start at 8:00am;
o Santa Clara Youth Soccer League is hosting the U11-18 Sporting Games at the Youth Soccer Park from 9:00am-5:00pm; and,
o California’s Great America will celebrate a Guest Appreciation Day from 10:00am-8:00pm.
• Do not drink and drive;
• The Stadium Authority will serve as the first point of contact to the public for stadium operations issues (e.g. parking, traffic, noise, etc.). A customer service representative can assist the public at (408)673-2100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• The Santa Clara Police Department can be contacted for non-emergencies at 408-615-5580 or 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency;
• Future traffic advisories can be obtained by subscribing to eNotify and/or Nixle.
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
For media inquiries, please call Lieutenant Kurt Clarke, 408-615-4865