Car Safety Tips
- Always lock your car doors—even if you are only leaving it for a few minutes.
- Always check the back seat.
- Park in well-lighted areas, and observe your surroundings as you leave your car at night.
- Always have your keys in hand so you won't have to fumble in your pockets or purse for them.
- If you are followed by another car, put your hand on the horn all the way to the nearest gas, police station, fire station, or lighted home. Use any method necessary to draw attention to your car.
- If your car breaks down, use distress signals such as putting your car hood up, placing a white flag on the aerial, or turning on your emergency flashers. Remain in your car with the doors locked. Wait for the police, or ask strangers who do stop to send a tow truck or police to your location. Be wary of accepting help from strangers.
- If someone threatens you while you are in your car, lock all the doors and blow the horn in short bursts to attract attention.
- Keep your car in good working order with sufficient gasoline.
- Always lock your doors when driving.
- Don't pick up hitchhikers.
Last updated: 9/10/2009 11:09:14 AM