The Santa Clara Police Department provides electronic and manual fingerprinting services for the public by appointment only.
Livescan Fingerprinting Requirements
Location: Santa Clara Police Department,
601 El Camino Real, Santa Clara 95050
Telephone: (408) 615-4701
Hours: Effective February 1st, we will process fingerprint requests on an appointment basis on Wednesdays, 1:30 - 3:15p.m. and THURSDAYS, 9:00 - 10:45 a.m. Please call (408) 615-4701 to schedule an appointment.
- Payment: Cash, Personal Checks, Cashiers Checks, and Money Orders only. For an additional $.50 fee, we can also accept Visa and Mastercard. We do NOT accept Americal Express or Diners Club.
Fees: The Livescan/electronic fingerprint rolling fee is $31.50 per card. The manual ink-on-card rolling fee is also $31.50 per card. Both types of rolling fees are in addition to any California DOJ or FBI fee's that are required.
- Please bring three (3) completed forms from your employer. We cannot make copies for you. If a FD-258 fingerprint card in needed, please type or print all information in black ink.
Additional forms for applicants will require separate printing and additional fees. The appointing authority will provide the forms(s) or information and explain the process. Contact the agency or employer for more information. The Santa Clara Police Department does not provide “Request for Livescan” forms.
- Valid photographic I.D. must be presented at the time of service. Acceptable forms include:
- California Driver’s License or California Identification Card
- Military I.D.
- Current Passport
- Applicants under 18 years old may provide school I.D.
- Certain circumstances may require a second form of I.D. Please be prepared to provide a second form of valid identification if requested.
Extremely long or curved fingernails may prevent the fingers from properly contacting the printing surface and may need trimming.
Bandaged or injured fingers:
Applicants may need to reschedule their appointment until the injured or bandaged finger can be fingerprinted.
Please do not bring children to your appointment. Applicants should make arrangements for childcare prior to the service.
Please allow for occasional delays in appointment times due to unforeseen circumstances.